OK, so as if it wasn't hot enough today (96 degrees when I checked around 3 pm) I decided to make banana bread. I saw that I had very ripe bananas...thanks to the heat...and found a recipe online and made it. It is baking right now which is making the house even hotter. Last I checked the temp in the house it was 83 degrees.
Tonight David and Andrew went to the fair to see the monster trucks. They had soooo much fun. David (being the fun daddy that he is) bought tickets for Andrew to ride some rides. He had a blast. He was really sad to leave. I really didn't want them to go b/c I think it is dangerous. Lots of gangs up here and they hang out at the fair but my boys are safe.
Grace and I stayed home and she was really mad for a while. She kept yelling for daddy and throwing tantrums about everything. We finally went to Bill and Wendy's to hang out for a while. She constantly yells at us to watch every little thing she does or sees. I couldn't get anything done with her by herself. I did get the bread done....that was actually pretty huge considering how she acted the rest of the evening. Oh and Bill and Wendy gave us some strawberry freezer jam. It is sooo yummy. I definitely need to get some strawberries and make a batch to have. It will be gone in no time.
Well, that's about all for today. I need to go check on my bread.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Melissa, thanks for sending us the cute pics of Andrew and Grace. They were so good of them. It is a beautiful cool day today. Hope your banana bread turned out good. You can get alot of good recipes on the internet. Your strawberry jam sounded delicious. I have Amish strawberry rhubarb ,orange marmalade, and apple butter.We have an amish store nearby. Sounds like Andrew had a great time with his Dad.I have a small garden with tomatoes, green peppers, zuchini, green beans, peas, and corn. The rabbits got my cucumbers so I will have to replant them. How is your garden doing?Your Dad hit a deer going to work today. He is fine but alittle damage to the front of the car.Have a great day today. Love, Kathy
ReplyDelete