Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pro gardener anyone? and other ramblings

I'm begging for someone to appear at my door and ask "May I look at your tomato plants to determine what is wrong?" Crazy? Yes! But this is driving me crazy!!!!! The plants look terrible even though they have fruit on them....a few plants have BER-blossom end rot....so annoying. Everything else seems ok except my tomatoes. So frustrating b/c I have to throw away most of my tomatoes b/c of the rot. I've read that it is common and usually goes away after the first batch of fruit. Oh, and all of the plants just kind of quit growing. Are they supposed to slow down? They grew really fast to begin with and now nothing. I think I'm doomed when it comes to growing things. We have no clue what we are doing. My mom told me to sit buckets of water out with holes in the bottom so it would slowly water and I'm thinking I will do that with milk cartons so it will at least get 1 full gallon slowly. I have no idea if I am over watering or under watering (which might be the cause of the curling leaves). How am I supposed to know that? The plants aren't answering my questions!!!!!! Anyway, enough about my tomato plants for today....maybe I will post some pitiful pictures for you to see. Maybe, it's rather embarrassing!

Grace is doing so well with the potty. I can't believe she just turned 2 and is potty trained. No more diapers for us!!!! That saves me quite a bit of money each month. Ooh, I don't have to buy wipes anymore either....I still have a ton that I guess I will carry around in the car since someone always has a messy face. Today we took Grace to mommy and me and when the teacher asked if we were ready to do the fishy song, Andrew said "I went on fishing trip with my daddy and me and daddy didn't catch any fish." All the parents turned and listened and then we all kind of giggled b/c it was so unexpected. He looked at me and asked what was funny. He didn't think we were laughing at him (good thing b/c he tends to freak out when he gets embarrassed). It was really funny b/c it seemed like he was talking straight to Miss Tammy and he didn't care that so many adults were around. Of course we were in the back of the room.

Well, don't have the pics from fishing trip yet. Wayne emailed them to me but I can't download them for some reason so I will have to wait until next week when he comes for dinner. Sorry..but they were good pictures. Andrew is obviously still talking about the trip. Wayne said that maybe Grace can go next year....what? hello? a weekend alone? I'm already in Heaven just thinking about it!!! Well, I suppose I've typed enough....and if anyone is interested in traveling to become my gardener...I'd love to have ya!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa I will share my tomatoes with you if yours don't make it, but I feel sure you are just being impatient. You are just learning and doing much better than me at looking up the reasons for what is happening. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call Grampy, he might have an idea. Also, it Grace goes fishing next year, you could go along and keep the boys from teaching Grace how to spit for distance,and other useful manly things! Also, you could do camp chores while they are out fishing! Think about it! TOGETHERNESS!!!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails