Ok, now that Papa Rick isn't reading this and ruining his surprise I guess I can continue!
I found this fun craft for Father's Day and made a couple for my dad! Click here to see the original site I found it on and see her instructions! The kids had fun making them and putting them together after! You only need a few items....popsicle sticks (I used the wide ones), glue, scotch tape, an exacto knife, and a cute picture!
First, line the popsicles sticks up in a straight line. (Of course I let him do it and then when I moved them over in front of me to tape together, I may or may not have fixed them in a straighter line)
Tape the sticks together with scotch tape and then flip over so you can glue the picture on the front!
I used Mod Podge instead of regular glue but it doesn't matter. Mod Podge is really just glue anyway and you can make your own with regular glue and water. Anyway, moving on!
Apply glue to the back of the picture and then stick it to the wooden sticks. I also place a heavy book over it while it set. Doesn't take very long to be ready. I probably only waited 10-15 minutes to cut it but that's just because I was making others and also trying to keep the kids out of the glue!
When it's set, use an exacto knife to cut between each popsicle stick. I used an extra stick for this part (sorry, no pictures-it was hard to cut and hold the camera). Just lay the stick on top of each section as your guide for cutting. Makes it easier to cut straight!
And there it is....a picture puzzle! When you are done, stack the pieces all together and tie with a ribbon. Sorry I don't have a picture of that either but it looked cute!If you need a better explanation, head on over to Impress Your Kids and she did a great job of explaining it!









Melissa, You brought tears to my eyes when I saw what you gave your Dad for Father's day. You are such a sweet daughter .I hope you know how much your Dad loves you and your family. He has your card on the piano.The card is so precious.The way you put Andrew and Grace's sweet pic on the front and their sweet pic and yours inside and what you wrote. I guess I am just a very sentimental person because the tears just rolled. I told your Dad what a sweet daughter he has!! Love, Kathy
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for my Father's Day card and gifts. I'm sure the picture puzzles will be used a lot. The card was just precious! And, the gift card is appreciated!
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
dAD