Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bag Tag

I made this tag for Andrew's backpack.  We went to Kindergarten orientation and they told us they wanted each students name on the outside of the backpack with a permanent marker.  Well, that just isn't going to happen so I set out to find another way.  My first thought was a luggage tag but I would have to find one and of course I want it to be cute and I just didn't have time to find the clear ones or self laminating.  I used my digital scrapbook program to make the name tag and then found a badge from work and took out the existing name tag and cut it to the size I needed.  I used an eyelet and a ring to hang it from the backpack.  When I priced some online they were about $8 each.  This didn't cost me a penny since I used things from around the house but even if I had to buy the holder I would guess it might cost $1.

I used a baseball theme that he liked and used the base on bottom right hand corner for his teacher's name and classroom number.
I think it looks much better than permanent marker!

1 comment:

Sweet Comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails