Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Roller Skating

I didn't make it into any of the pictures from this day.  We went to a Hang 10 Roller Skating party.  Hang 10 groups are what the kids join at church and it guarantees they will have the same leader each week and the same group of kids.  Not everyone chooses to join a group because they don't want to commit to a service (we have 4).  I like it because my kids aren't very good at change and this keeps it consistent for them.  Anyway, they had an end of the year party at the skating rink.  Here is Grace with one of the teachers in her class.  I went alone and couldn't help both kids.  This was the 1st time they had been roller skating.  Thankfully this young girl was more than willing to help me out.  She is such a sweet heart.  I believe we first met her almost 4 years ago when Andrew was 3.  She was a teacher in his class.  We adore her!  She helped Grace around 4 or 5 times.
 This was how Andrew felt most comfortable in skates.....sitting!  They couldn't tighten the wheels so he had a VERY hard time and couldn't keep his feet under him.  We only made it around 1 time before we were done.

 Grace with both of her teachers.  He actual leader is on the right.  She'll be with her again next year!
Andrew watching.  I think he really wanted to be able to skate but it just wasn't working out.  Maybe we'll try again sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Get them knee pads, elbow pads, football helmet with face guard, and maybe padding in their shorts to protect butts sudden impact with floor!
    Like everything else, just takes practice! Do they had skates they can use on the driveway? That would build both egos for the next time they to skating rink.
    Glad they are so involved in church!
    Love,
    Papa Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, It is too bad that David was not there to help Andrew! It looks like Grace was not afraid to get out there. I agree with your Dad that practicing at home on the driveway would help them. Eventually, they will be taking off all by themselves!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails