Still hanging around??? Friday both kids had apple day in their classrooms. They had so much fun and made lots of memories with their friends. The got to peel/core apples to make applesauce. Andrew got to make a caramel apple which he gave to his sister. He said it was because he doesn't like green apples but either way he couldn't bite into it with no front teeth and I was going to have to cut it up for him. He gladly gave it to her instead! My class is having apple day on Wednesday the 26th because it is Johnny Appleseed's birthday. I think I have everything ready to go to make it a fun day. Thankfully it is our short day so we can have fun and go home early! Most of my activities are learning activities with an art project thrown in there and of course apple tasting. We are also going to make apple sauce although I will have to bring it home to finish cooking and we'll eat it on Thursday. I wish I had pictures of the kids in their classrooms but I didn't have a camera or my phone with me that day. It was kind of a rough day....ok a really rough day and it seemed like everything went wrong. Grace's teacher took pictures, not sure about Andrew's. I stopped by both classrooms during my lunch time so I didn't get to spend much time with them but I think they were happy that I did. Grace thanked me for stopping by. It was so very sweet!
Oh, and I just have to brag on Grace for a second. You know those peg games they have on the tables at Cracker Barrel? David got one for Christmas a few years ago and the kids always want to play it. David sat down with Grace on Saturday and told her how to play and she actually got down to 1 peg!!! I couldn't believe it! He said he couldn't believe it either and tried it again because he couldn't let his 5 year old show him up and he could only get down to 3 pegs! Too funny!
Can't brag on Grace without bragging on Andrew! He had his first flag football game for this season and he got the first touchdown of the game! It was so fun to watch him running all the way down the field with that football! He also got an extra point later in the game. He knows just how to get through all those boys without getting his flag pulled and he never puts his hand down to block his flag like a lot of the kids do! He is doing so good this year in all his sports. He is really figuring it out and getting more aggressive without being too aggressive! He is so fun to watch!
Hope you all had a great weekend! We enjoyed not having much to do. I spent a lot of time on school work but I feel very prepared for this week and next! Have a great week! I'll try to take pics of my apple day festivities. I can't use the students pictures so I'll try to get some without!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Hi Melissa, You certainly are busy!! It sounds like Andrew and Grace enjoyed "Apple Day" and your class is going to enjoy it on Wednesday!!Way to go Grace on doing so well on the peg game!! I know how thrilled you all were when Andrew made a touch down in Flag Football!!I remember when my daughter made applesauce in Kindergarten and they had a pic in the newspaper of her and her twin girl friends stirring the applesauce. Love and Hugs to you all!!You are making good memories for your children and the children in your class !!
ReplyDeleteGee! I know how Andrew feels! I can't bite into a whole apple either! He's a great brother to give his Carmel apple to his sister.
ReplyDeleteTell Grace I play those peg games a lot and a couple of times I have gotten down to 1 peg. But it has taken me playing forever to do it twice! LOL
Sounds like everyone is having fun in school!
Love to all!