Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Endings

I found out today that the position I applied for and am currently teaching was given to a teacher that requested a transfer.  I am disappointed but relieved to finally know.  Tomorrow I find out my last day.  I am very attached to these kids but I knew this would happen.  I am ready to get my house back in order (although I'm not looking forward to being the one to get it back in order) and volunteer in my kids classrooms.  I definitely miss that!  I already have some jobs lined up and know that I will probably stay busy subbing and just enjoying the kids being in school and maybe working on my scrapbooks.  Heck, I can even take a nap in the middle of the day if I want!!!!  How awesome is that!  Oh, and now I can go on Grace's field trip to the pumpkin patch at the end of the month.  I didn't think I was going to be able to because of working and told Grace that which made her a little sad but then tonight I told her I could and she was jumping up and down and so incredibly excited!!!! 

Just wanted to update you on that.  Kids are doing great in school.  We have parent conferences tomorrow morning although I already know they are both doing very well. Wednesday-Friday are actually conference days so the students go home at 1:20 and we meet with parents all afternoon.  I'm doing conferences but will probably cancel a few that are late in the day since I won't be staying in the classroom.  Trying to make time for packing up and moving everything out and figuring out what is mine and what stays.  Won't be fun trying to move everything out!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you don't get to stay in the classroom with this class! I know you put so much of yourself into it like you do everything else! But, as you said you can spend your time subbing and being there for Andrew and Grace in so many ways. Sometimes we don't know what's best for us, until the path we thought we wanted to take is blocked. Make the most of it, Daughter, and cherish every moment of the time God allows you to spend with those wonderful kids of yours!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, I am so sorry that you did not get the position,but sometimes, everything works out for the best. I agree with your Dad!! Love and Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad did a super job of saying what I had in mind to say!! We don't know what God has in store for us in the future .. enjoy this chance to take a breather and spend time being "Mom" again!! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails