I'm sorry for not posting more. Our lives have been so busy and I try to take every minute I have to spend with my kiddos and husband. I just started a new sub job last Friday that could turn into a long term (rest of the year) position. It is at a different school than my kiddos and teachers have to be there at 7 am. I leave around 6:40 (or earlier if I need to stop at the gas station for coffee) and David takes the kids to a friends house. My friend gets them ready for school and gets them there on time. It's so nice to not have to worry about the mornings. I know they are completely taken care of. I am done at 2 pm so I have plenty of time to get in line to pick up the kids most days. Today it was my quiet time to go get in line and wait for them. I went over lesson plans and got myself ready for tomorrow. I know I am there until Christmas break which is already next Thursday. It's a tough time to come into a classroom with the kids all hyped up about Christmas. It just takes a little extra energy to get through the day with all the extra chatter and excitement.
We have an elf on the shelf staying with us this month. He flies back to the North Pole at nighttime and then shows up in a different place each morning. Yesterday he was playing football and today he is hanging out in a stocking. I have some pictures but forgot to take a picture a couple of the days already. It seems like some days just disappear before I even realize it. This month is going by so fast!
Friday we are going to the North Pole! We have tickets for The Polar Express at the Grand Canyon and I am so excited. I've seen pictures from other people that have gone and I think the kids are going to LOVE it! We are leaving Friday morning and driving out there and our train leaves at 7:30 that night. Then on Saturday we are going to the Grand Canyon. Wanna know what makes this trip even better???? The weather prediction...........SNOW!!!! Even some flurries would make me happy! Of course the prediction keeps changing so we'll see what really happens. Originally it said 40% chance of snow all 3 days and now it says 60% chance on Friday for snow/rain showers, none on Saturday, and then again on Sunday! Who knows what will actually happen! I will definitely upload pictures and tell you all about our trip. I'm going to take my computer and hopefully the hotel will have free wi-fi. Well, I'm off to get the kids packed for tomorrow morning and figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow also. Much easier to get ready when I don't have to think about clothes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Hang in there! Christmas break is right around the corner. You are lucky to have such a great friend to help you out. That's great!
ReplyDelete