Friday, January 27, 2012

So much....

Whew!  It's been busy around here.  I started bible study this week and also work 3 days in a row.  I was asked to take a 6 week position starting in April (or whenever the teacher has her baby).  I'm excited and also a little sad b/c my time at home with Grace is so limited.  I'm taking to make all my time count with her until then.  She is excited to learn her sight words and start reading so we have been working on a reading program and just started this week with a few sight words.  She always finds a novel of mine and asks if she can read it and flips through one page at a time so I knew it was time to get her started.  We have quite a bit of time before kinder starts to get her going.  Of course, with all that she already knows she is way ahead of most kids her age.

Tonight we started a science experiment with the kids to make rock candy.  Andrew has to do an experiment for his monthly family project and of course we put it off until the last weekend to get it done.  If this one doesn't really work in the next few days, I have a back up project that only takes about 5 minutes plus the prep time.....ice cream in a bag.

Andrew had his first basketball game last week but I forgot my camera :(.  I'll be sure to take it tomorrow and get some pictures.  He is doing really well and is aggressive out on the court.  He didn't make any baskets in the first game but made a lot this week in practice so hopefully that will change soon in games.  He doesn't mind though.  He is such a good team player.

I leave you with some pics from our dates that we went on.  Grace invited her daddy to Sizzler and Andrew invited me to Wendy's.  Not sure who got the better deal but they were so excited. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, You are really busy right now,but a good busy!! Having a date night with Andrew and Grace was such a wonderful idea!!They get quality time (one on one) with each parent. Next time, you might have Mom's night out with Grace and Dad's night out with Andrew!!The pics are great of all of you!! Glad that Andrew is doing good in basketball and sounds like Grace is going to enjoy reading like her Mother!! Have a great weekend! Love you all,Kathy (I really like your Valentine background!)(Good Luck on the family Science project!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Grace and Andrew are so adorable! Of course, Mom and Dad aren't too shabby either! lol! Wish Illinois was next door to California! Glad to hear Andrew is doing so good at sports and Grace is trying to read at her age!
    Love to all!
    Papa Rick

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails