We are officially done with first grade! This year flew by (again) and I sure hope they slow down because Andrew has been in school for 2 years and it's all a blur. Seriously if they all go this fast he'll be graduating before I know it! He got an award for excellence in all academic areas and this is where I get to brag a little. The kids were all lumped into a category of getting 90% or higher on all 4 math benchmarks and reading at a level 20 or above. End of the year grade level for reading is a level 16. Andrew actually got 100% on ALL 4 math benchmark tests and is reading above a level 28 and knows more that 500 sight words. They have to know 150 (I think) by the end of 1st grade. He actually knew all of these at the beginning of the year and we never even tested him again. I am so proud of him. He LOVES to read and create and has improved so much in his writing throughout the year. I'll upload some writing samples to show the beginning of the year and end of the year to show you. He wasn't recognized individually for his achievements so I have to be THAT mom and do it here for my family and friends. I refuse to put it on facebook (like most people do) because I hate the thought that someone else may feel bad by my bragging.

Getting his award from the principal and shaking hands with the teachers.
with friends
With his wonderful teacher. We will miss her dearly but she will be just down the hall next year and hopefully we will see her this summer!
Just a little sign I painted the morning of the last day (on the back of Christmas wrapping paper)!
Last day of school pic to compare to the first day of school pic. I'll find it and put them on the same post later!
Perfect attendance award for 3rd trimester. He actually only missed 1 day of school the whole year. So sad because they get an award and a trophy for Perfect attendance for the whole year. He has only missed 2 days in 2 years.
Milk and donut party on the last day.
6th grade helpers whom we adored.
Hi Melissa, WOW!! Andrew did outstanding this year!!! You have every right to be a proud Mother. Congratulations, Andrew!!! Great pics!! Love and Hugs to you all!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS, ANDREW! Chip off the old block! Or two! lol
ReplyDeleteMelissa, you DO have bragging rights! Go for it!
Very proud of Andrew, as well as all of you!
Love, Papa Rick